Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Little Slick, but Still Have Power!

So I have been feeling a little cooped up lately, so I thought that I would write a little. We had a small ice storm this past weekend, but nothing us veterans couldn't handle. Of course, we didn't even lose power which does make things a bit easier! Finally this weekend they are calling for some snow. We got sleds for Christmas about 3 years ago and have been able to only use them one time! I swear we had more opportunities before we got them! Well, on the adoption front we have to send our agency some more paperwork, mostly the new form that is now being required since it wasn't in with the rest of our paperwork! There's always something! With all the questions going on about our particular program/country I had this overwhelming sense of peace about our whole process the other day. I am confident that we were going the right direction. That doesn't mean that the journey will be easy or without heartbreak, it just means that it is the right one for use to be taking.

5 comments:

Steph and Dusty said...

Michelle,
I read your post today. Dusty and I have our dossier at the consulate and are waiting but we have the same sense of calm about the whole process and we also feel like we are headed the right direction by going to Kaz. I am glad to hear that you all do too.

Stephanie and Dusty Baker

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle and Jeff!
I just want you to know that I am still praying!! I feel, also, that you are headed in the right direction. Of course, I am hoping for a grandchild so maybe I'm a little biased. But, I am still praying and God does answer prayer! I love you and you two are always in my heart!
Love, Mom

Matthew Ruley said...

The important thing is to be at peace with your decision and the direction you are heading in. There is nothing better than that feeling.

We have an orange tabby too!

Amanda said...

Hey, where in Missouri are you? My husband graduated high school in Waynesville and we have friends in Lebenon and at the Lake!

McMary said...

Hi Michelle and Jeff,
I just found your blog today. I am also adopting from Kaz with CHI. My dossier is at the MOFA in Kaz. I went through some anxious times since then but a couple weeks ago, I also got a great sense of peace and really felt that I was on the right journey also. It's a great feeling--doens't necessarily make me more patient but I'm trying.
I hope you don't mind if I follow your journey. My blog is http:/mcmary2mcmommy@blogspot.com if you are interested.
Best of Luck.
Mary