Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Make-overs and the Fourth of July


Well, it has been another month since my last post and while adoption news has been slow with no new updates our lives have been pretty busy.  We have spent the last several weeks now doing little upgrades in our home, like replacing light fixtures and landscaping the front yard.  We have more to do and today begins our attempt to ceramic tile one of our bathroom floors.  These things have all needed doing since we moved in, we have just kept coming up with excuses why we couldn't...Well, here goes nothing!  On the fun side we celebrated Fourth of July with my parents.  It has always been a big holiday in my family, one because any excuse to BBQ and make homemade ice cream and light explosives all in the same day is a good cause for celebration, but it is also my sister's birthday.  For year's she thought that all the fireworks were for her.  I have met other people with 4th birthday's and they thought the same thing.  What a bunch of egotists!! LOL!  We had a wonderful time.  Saturday we tried to go out on my parents boat, but after much time spent working on it, we put it in the water and it would only go backwards!  I suggested just motoring around the lake backwards, but nobody was too keen on that idea!  My poor dad though he just works and works to keep the old boat going, but it is a 1977 Formula, that's as old as me and while I don't consider myself that old, that is REALLY old for a boat!  We then spent Sunday by the pool and visiting.  It was nice and peaceful.  Hope to have some adoption news soon!
Paka!

2 comments:

J-Way said...

Reading what you and everyone was doing on the forth and fifth make me so jealous! You should update on here and tell everyone about your adventure in retiling the bathroom floor. Just sayin. Rock on!

Jacqueline said...

Dear Michelle and Jeff,
My name is Jacqueline Gray. My husband Ed and I are also with CHI working on adopting from Kaz. Our dossier also went to the MOFA on April 28th. We'll hope that all of us hear soon that we're at the MOE. 74 days and counting! Jacqueline (jacgray14@yahoo.com)