Friday, April 25, 2008

Finally a little freetime!

So this is a picture of Table Rock Lake Dam in Branson, Missouri about three weeks ago.  At that time they had only five of the ten flood gates open, about a week later they had to open the remaining 5 flood gates.  It was very impressive looking.  We got some more rain this week and the Corp of Engineers was forced to open all ten flood gates once again and more rain is in the forecast.  In the above picture I think they said that 19,000 cu.ft. of water per second was being released.  When all ten were open they were releasing about 45,000 cu. ft./second.  That is a lot of water!!  That is my useless fact for the day.  Nothing new on the adoption front to report.  Things for us have been pretty busy, Jeff's dad was put in the hospital about two weeks ago with Leukemia.  The prognosis seems optimistic with a good chance that he will go into remission, but we have spent a lot of time going back and forth to the hospital to help out his mom.  In between all of the rain and our comings and goings we have managed to get our garden planted so the rain for us has been a good thing.  Not much else to talk about right now! Paka!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Lisa and my dossier is also at the embassy...it's been there since February 22. Looks like we are on the same page. I am requesting a boy, 18 months or younger. Welcome to the world of blogging...I have learned tons!

Unknown said...

Hi!
I just know you will hear soon! Keep believing. I'm still praying!!
Love, Mom